To test usability for the products being created in class, there needed to be a sheet of 10 questions related to the project that would draw out as much consumer opinions and information as possible. This will be the best way of finding out whether my designs really work, in the eyes of people outside the design industry, before the final exhibition week.
I’ll make a page of 10 questions on surveymonkey, make a facebook post asking my friends list if anybody would like to give feedback and send out emails to them with pdfs containing my work attached, as well as a link to the survey. Hopefully I get at least 3 responses, I think as a bare minimum that would be enough to be useful.
These are the questions I will be using for my survey:
- What words come to mind when you hear the name, “The Crystal Cup”?
- What is your overall first impression of the project?
- Does the colour scheme look appealing to you? Why/Why not?
- Who do you think the intended audience is?
- Name 3 things about the project you like the most.
- Name 3 things about the project you like the least.
- Which image stood out to you the most? Did it stand out for good or bad reasons?
- You can change one thing about the project, big or small. What is that thing and why?
- Would you eat at The Crystal Cup? Why/Why not?
- Thank you for the helpful feedback! If there is anything else you’d like to mention, please enter it below.
I have already made a post online and got a lot of people interested in doing the survey, so I should be able to get some really useful info about my project this way and I’m really excited to get some honest outsider opinions on my work. This will be good experience for the real world, too, because I think basic surveys like this are something I’ll use a lot in the future and it will be a useful learning point to figure out which questions have been the most useful.